Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dog Poop- posted by Amberly

This post might go a little far, but I had a thought and I really wanted to stretch it out. Upon leaving the church, I have heard testimonies from many that go a little something like this:

"Regardless of members who might bug or offend me, regardless of things I may not understand, I believe in the whole Church. So if there's something that's bothering me, I just remind myself that I have received that knowledge for myself that this is the true Church"

To me, this is like a story I once heard about chocolate chip cookies.

A sunday school teacher was making chocolate chip cookies to illustrate her point for a lesson to a group of young kids. She put all the yummy ingredients in and was just about to bake them. The kids were very excited. Then she said "Oh wait, I forgot one ingredient". And put dog poop in the cookie dough and mixed it up. Obviously, the kids didn't want the cookies after that. Now, my conclusion doesn't really align with what the Sunday school teacher was probably trying to say, but consider this. Some people seem to just ignore that thing that may bother them (like the dog poop) with the Church (like "cookies"- to some) and eat the cookies anyway. They seem to think the whole cookie is good, regardless of any dog poop that is in it.

I personally would never eat a cookie with dog poop in it.

No comments: