Friday, September 26, 2008

It's not fair.

For this blog, I have taken an extreme hiatus on blogging about Mormonism. I'm glad to say that is a chapter in my life that I have truley lost interest in. I don't really care to keep up on the issues that once bothered me so. I really just disassociate myself from that all together.

But, I do have a great passion when it comes to politics. But I admit, I'm not naturally smart or naturally aware of all the details when it comes to these issues. I have to do a lot of reading and research to make sure I'm well aware and informed of any stance I might or might not take. As for the bail out, for a while I wasn't sure what to think. But I have made up my mind that I am not for this bail out. When President Bush addressed the nation (yes, I DID watch it) he painted this picture that made it seem that if the bill did not pass, our nation would be doomed, which would in turn, bring an end to the world as we know it. I just don't believe that is true.

Before that bail out appeared, Suze Orman explained that the market would level out in a few years. It would take a few years, but it's gonna level out. I think that our economic world will level out without a bail out for our richest Americans. I believe that George Bush is just giving his best CEO buddies a "get out of jail free" card. It's not fair.

It's not fair that, while I do not own a home, and do not have a job, that soon I will be having to pay the price for this economic bail out. John and I do not work now, but we will soon. And that's exactly where our tax dollars go.

It's not fair that while John and I scrape together our ends meat to live on our student loans, the investors on wall street will be bailed out by the government and be able to continue to afford their life styles of the rich and famous.

It's not fair that while John and I have been investing in our education ever since (and before) we've been married that housing values have tripled, or quadrupled.

It's not fair that there were not more regulations on home loans during that time. It's not fair that people I knew with very low income and no education were being able to buy these seemingly unaffordable homes. And all the while, I stood back cautiously observing the risk takers. Being smart.

It's not fair that I did not take that risk and now I will be responsible for bailing everyone out.

It's not fair that when John gets a job AFTER 3 YEARS OF POST GRADUATE SCHOOL will only be making 60k a year. While I know some people with no post high school education who started jobs making 55k a year.

It's not fair that the average house cost more than 250k- more than 4 times our potential annual salary.

It's not fair that 40 years ago a house cost only twice an annual salary.

It's not fair that in the past year the cost of staple grocery items has surged between 25-40%.

It's not fair that while income and salary seem to stay the same that cost of living is almost unaffordable.

It's not fair that someone as qualified as a lawyer will have a struggle looking for a job because of the extreme shit hole the government has put our economy in. At the Clark County Prosecutor's office, there are 5 positions that need to be filled, if they had the funds to do so. But they don't have the funds.

It's not fair that something as essential as a HOUSE is seemingly unaffordable. A house.

It's not fair that after law school we won't be able to afford it.


It's not fair.

4 comments:

Adam said...

I need to poke out my eyes from reading such stupidity... Care to enlighten us from another perspective? What do you take issue with?

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amberly said...

That's right, delete your comment. I read it anyway. It was emailed to me. HAHAHA

andy woolf said...

It's called life! Suck it up. I am against the bail out too, but I don't blame bush for it. You know, the senate and house passed it, and your beloved Obama voted for it as well. I do have to say though, obama is doing a great job so far, he seems really motivated. I seriously doubt Bush even knew any of the CEO's of the banks that got the bailout money. I'm with adam, I feel like I need to poke my eyes out.